Paragon Aircraft took over Jackaroo Aircraft at Thruxton 1961, continued Tiger conversions but did not build planned Plover and Paladin. Assets to Hampshire School of Flying 1964.
CA.4 parasol monoplane (G-AFIU) believed flown 1938.
Woodworking firm Parnall & Sons, Mivart St, Bristol, obtained contracts for 50 Avro 504B, 200 504J, 250 504K, 130 Fairey Hamble Babies and 20 Short 827s. Built prototypes of Parnall…
Most of original aircraft team, including Bolas, were gathered 1920 to form George Parnall & Co. Ltd, Park Row, Bristol, with works and airfield nearby at Yate. There followed remarkable…
In May 1936 George Parnall, Hendy Aircraft and Nash & Thompson Ltd merged to form Parnall Aircraft Ltd. Hendy Heck became Parnall 3308 Heck, and Parnall 382 was open-cockpit derivative.
Ultralight monoplane with Pearson rotary ailerons and no fin or rudder, designed by K.N. Pearson, built by G.L. Pickering at Hanworth 1933.
Pegler & Co. Ltd, Doncaster, Yorks, built Camels and Cuckoos 1917-18.
Noel Pemberton-Billing was great character in pioneer days pre-1910, carrying out flying (mainly kite) experiments from 1903, learning to fly in one day; also MP, naval officer, author, visionary and…
Australian Capt. Edgar W. Percival, purchaser of Hendy 302, was struck by impact of this modern monoplane and got R.H. Bound to design Gull 3-seater, 130-hp Cirrus Hermes, built by…
E.G. Perman & Co. Ltd, Brownlow Mews, Guildford St, London WC1, built Mignet Fleas, and in May 1936 produced much safer ultralight Perman Parasol, construction No. EGP.56.
Peterborough Aero Club ordered Guardian side-by-side cabin monoplane, with nosewheel, designed by J.H. Payne; left not quite finished 1939, subsequently to Slingsby, never flown.
Petters Ltd formed 7 July 1910 at Yeovil mainly to produce oil engines but in April 1915 began move to new site where large factory was built to produce aircraft.…
Horatio Phillips pioneered efficient aerofoil profiles from 1878, but his aircraft, built at Sydenham and Harrow 1902-07, tended to have multiple wings, best known having 20.
F.G. and G.H. Miles designed and built Martlet biplanes themselves, but even smaller Satyr was built by Parnall at Yate. On a flight from Yate to his base at Shoreham…
Phoenix Aircraft Ltd was formed 1958 at Cranleigh, Surrey, to produce updated Luton LA.4a Minor and LA.5a Major, adding 2/4-seat Majorette 1969. Latter never built, company out of business 1972,…
Bradford electrical company which from 1916 built Short 184, Short Bomber, Maurice Farman Longhorn, Armstrong Whitworth FK.10, Felixstowe F.3 and F.5 and own-design P.5 Cork flying-boats. In 1918 Phoenix joined…
Pilatus purchased assets of Britten-Norman (Bembridge) January 1979, including Fairey SA assets in Belgium. Immediately formed operating company Pilatus Britten-Norman Ltd, subsidiary of Oerlikon-B├╝hrle Holding Ltd, continuing production of all…
Percy Pilcher, disciple of Lilienthal, would probably have been first aeroplane pilot had he not been killed gliding in 1899. He had become proficient pilot, and was expecting to fly…
Planet Aircraft Ltd formed 1946 to build outstandingly advanced Satellite 4-seater made of magnesium. Prototype made by Redwing at Croydon, but structural problems led to ARB refusing permission to fly…
Engine company adjacent to Short Brothers at Rochester in 1934 commissioned Harold Boultbee (from failed Civilian Aircraft) to design aircraft to use single Niagara engine, resulting Pobjoy Pirate (3 March…
To distinguish Royal Navy Aeroplane Repair Depot (January 1915) from large RNAS station on Isle of Grain it was named Port Victoria. In 1916 Experimental Construction Depot began producing modified…
Page 12 of 16