DFW

Deutsche Flugzeug-Werke established by Bernard Meyer at Lindenthal, Leipzig, 1910, building Maurice Farman under licence and later Etrich and Jeannin Taubes. First original design Mars 2-seater in monoplane and biplane forms. Wartime designs mainly prototypes, but C.V armed 2-seater was major type also made by Aviatik and Halberstadt. Biplane and triplane fighters included grotesque T.28 Floh (flea) of 1915, and 3 R-series giant bombers were also built. In 1920 a C.V was converted into 3-seat limousine, and there were plans to convert an R.II bomber into 24-passenger airliner. Lost identity on merger into ATG.

Read 224 times